(FDS) Oil Refining Fat Modification Oleochemicals Value addition to
By-products Process Automation
REGV™ - Regenerative Vacuum Heat Exchanger
REGV™, Regenerative Vacuum Heat Exchanger, recovers heat of deodorized edible oils and fats by cooling it in deodorizing stage which in turn heats incoming bleached oil. This heat exchange occurs under vacuum and sparging steam conditions.
The hot deodorized oil enters shell side of REGV™ at one end under vacuum. It flows through baffles and channels which ensures efficient heat exchange between shell and tube side oils and fats. After reaching the other end of shell, oil flows to Level Indicating Tank which maintains level of oil by a Level Transmitter
The cold oil enters REGV™ on tube side under pressure and flows through multiple tube passes. After reaching the other end, it flows to FEVAC™, Vacuum Final Heater. At the bottom of the shell, perforated tubes are placed to inject sparge steam into the shell.
- Very high heat transfer rate due to high heat transfer area and counter-current flow of shell and tube side oils and fats.
- Sparge steam strips undesirable volatile components from shell side oils, thus improving quality of oil
- High overhead space resulting in no carry-over of oil in vacuum.
- Drain valves are provided on both sides for quick draining during stock changes.
- Sparge steam tubes are removable for easy maintenance